Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hootie Boo Hoo!


Carla, admittedly, it took me till about the mid-point of Top Chef Season 5 to realize that you were a true contender. Throughout this crazy, cookery competition, you were indeed the steady tortoise padding along, while consistently picking up the pace with each challenge. THEN, in this whopper of a final episode, your consistent stride came to a screeching halt when ya asked Casey (groan) for directions to the finish line. Sous vide? Why not braise or grill that beef? That would have been a cake-walk for you. A botched souffle? It's the FINALE!! Set the timer!

Personally, I think Hosea (a.k.a Ziggy) greased Casey's palms with some of his potential Glad Products prize money "to help turn her culinary dreams into a reality". I could also tell by his smug-ass smirk in the promo for the upcoming reunion show that he won the title, or at the very least, did the deed with Leah (The promo cut to her with her eyes welling up with "I had sex with a guy and shouldn't have" tears.). But, I digress...

I'm all about bringin' out the love in cooking and being collaborative in the kitchen, but Carla why on earth hand over the reins to CASEY of all people. Hung, Richard, Tifany, I get that...But Casey?? I'll stop whining, I've accepted the fact that you lost. You just had so much admirable talent and peppered the show with your kooky personality that I just had to root for you. I hope someone recognizes your ability and you open a restaurant of your own!

BONUS: Hosea's exit interview must be watched. What a dolt--so grating, yet entertaining at the same time. (Errr...although there is a fleeting, tender moment when he talks about his parents who are ill.) In his exit interview, he postures as a commensurate opponent to Stefan, claiming to have run neck and neck with the Finn! HA!

Congrats to Hosea, you executed the meal better than Stefan and Carla. Hootie Boo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment