Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Dig Spike Jonze, But...

I realize it's just a teaser trailer and Where the Wild Things Are doesn't get its release till October 16,2009 , but I am fearful that this movie will SUCK.   Spike Jonze has an incredible eye, so the photography looks lush (based on the teaser) and overall visuals I'm sure will prove noteworthy (Who isn't a sucker for wide-shots with the nostalgic glow of that warm sunlight?).   It seems like the film could represent the adventure of  The Princess Bride meets the schmaltz of The Never-Ending-Story meets the boyish fantasy of Time Bandits. Hmmmm, doesn't sound too bad...It's just that everybody freaking loves this trailer and maybe I'm just being contrarian. This adaptation has the potential to be the best of those films or a freaking shitshow.  Time will tell...







1 comment:

  1. It absolutely has that potential. This could be a huge disaster not fit for kids or filmgeeks, especially considering how long this has been in production. That said, I still want to believe this will be great.

    ReplyDelete