Monday, October 12, 2009

Glee!

If  there's a part of you that doesn't enjoy this show, then you must be clinically depressed.    

"La, la, la,la, la la....."


Glee is like the Gatorade Gum of my youth---sweet, tangy and leaving you salivating for more.  Gatorade Gum lived a a fairly long shelf life, let's hope this show does too.... 

Side Note: When I was a wee lass and a member of my own alma matter's Glee Club, we did not sing alterna-pop Top 40, as they do on the show. Sadly, no Deee-lite, The Breeders, Jesus Jones or Ned's Atomic Dustbin. In fact, the piece indelibly seared into memory is Benjamin Britten's Wolcum Yole.  

Check out this track. 


Yeah,  my sentiments exactly.  Snooze-a-rama. 

I don't think that we, collectively,  had the talent pull it off. Plus,  it was a bitch to sing soprano, being the the shaky mezzo-soprano/alto I am.  Our frustrated director lost all hope and gave us something easier to sing in front of the school.  Needless to say, "invitationals" and the element of competition were not part of the overall experience for our lowly choral group. 


Via: Hulu.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment